Armadillos may not seem like any other creature in North America, but they could certainly be as harmful as the best of them. Armadillos mainly make their houses in the southern countries of the US and in regions of Mexico and South America in which the soil is warm and soft. While normally, these creatures are regarded as benign (dare I say cute in an ugly way) creatures, they are able to do a substantial amount of damage to your house.
Armadillos are considered pests by landscapers, homeowners and gardeners alike due to their incessant need to dig. Not only do they need to dig for their foods, but the majority of the problems that come up around armadillos are all about their burrows. Armadillos obviously do not understand that some places aren’t perfect to dig their burrow, so they frequently wind up under your home or your porch. It can actually make the base of your structures to crack! Don’t let this happen to you, there are a few things which you can do to eliminate your armadillo issue.
1. There are a number of ways to begin trapping an armadillo, but the typical methods to do it would be to either trap them with a trapping device or grabbing them by hand (not a simple task). However, you must consult your state’s regulations regarding trapping.
2. Pros are out there for a reason and you do not need to hurt yourself or the creature. This is the simplest and most affordable way to start getting rid of your pest issues. I’ve spent plenty of time compiling this list of just the finest and accredited organizations that will assist you with your problem.
3. Exclude them from your house by building fences around your whole lawn, your backyard or around the foundation of any structure they’ve been digging at.
4. Relocate the armadillo 10 or more miles away from your home in a forested area which will give them no reason to make their way back to your own dwelling.
1. Not only is it ineffective, but it’s dangerous to other creatures, your pets and your loved ones to put out poison.
2. Take them or utilize any other inhumane way of eliminating them.
3. Purchase and use repellents; they just don’t work and you’ll find yourself wasting your money.
4. Do not put your fence without getting the armadillos from your lawn first.
Eliminating your armadillo problem does not need to give you heartburn. Call Centurian Wildlife to humanely trap and relocate them for you. This is the simplest (and cheapest in certain cases) way to deal with your armadillo difficulties.